Monday, December 21, 2009

Chicks Move to Big Coop

I cordoned off a section of the big coop so that I could move the chicks up and they would be protected while everyone got used to each other. I moved them at night and when I got to the coop the next morning the chicks had broken out and were running around with the big chickens. I was concerned that the big roosters would mess with the Silver Laced Wyandotte cockerels but it was the hens that seemed the most pissed off at the interlopers.

This Silver Penciled Rock hen has the SLW pullet cornered under the nest boxes.



One of the SLW cockerels tries to take on Brian Feathers an Old English Game Bantam. The SLW is about 3 times bigger than Brian.



Brian has a big heart though and quickly sends all of the SLWs back into hiding.


Things have calmed down a little now but it's going to take a while before a new hierarchy is sorted out.

No comments:

Post a Comment