Sunday, September 5, 2010

Agave desmenttiana

My friend John gave me a big clump of young Agave desmenttiana that he got from a friend who was running out of room. It was a bit withered and spending a couple of months on my hot patio with bare dirt didn't do it much good.


I separated most of them out to go in their own pots. One day I hope to put them in the dirt in the yard somewhere but I'm slow to make those decisions, so for now they go in pots.


They look even more spindly when they are on their own.


But two months later they are positively surging out of the pots

Not only have they filled out but they have grown at least a couple of inches in height. It's amazing what a little water can do.


I might take this one to work just cuz it makes me so happy to look at it.

1 comment:

  1. OMG...they are gorgeous! You definitely have an eye. Thank you for saving these potentially neglected agaves.

    ReplyDelete