Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Face of Terrier


Look at this little guy. Isn't he cute?

He managed to break into the chicken coop and kill all the chickens. I'm still a little stunned that the flock I've been working with for almost 4 years is just gone.

I feel bad for the dog too. He actually seems pretty upset about the whole thing. He did his best to bury all the bodies but there were just too many to hide. I didn't know until today, but I had 27 chickens.

Animal Control came and took the dog away. After all the chickens died I hate to think about him being put down too but I wasn't sure what else to do. The officer said that unless he attacked a person or another dog he wouldn't have a black mark on his record and if his owners don't pick him up he will likely be adopted quickly because he's so cute and not a pit bull.

I'm hoping that his owners claim him so I have a chance of getting reimbursed for the damage he did.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my, I am so sorry! 27 chickens? Really? No chip in the dog?.... Hoping for an ending with some good news for you. If that's even possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow... that's terrible :( I'm so sorry for your chickens!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Loree and Andrea. It still doesn't quite seem real to me.

    I think that Animal Control will scan to see if the dog is chipped but it seems unlikely since he didn't have a collar and hadn't been fixed. I can call them this morning and the dog should be processed and assigned an ID number. I think I have an idea where he might have come from so I'll put up fliers that say where he can be found.

    I still hope the dog ends up in a good place. He seems like a nice dog. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Chris, I am so sorry to read about this. You must be really sad!? I can't believe he got ALL of them....that is so rough! xoxo

    ReplyDelete