Friday, June 10, 2011


So It's been a couple weeks and the bees have hung around. I don't have much to show because I haven't opened up the hive to check on them yet. Roberta said to give them a couple weeks to settle down before I bothered them again. I like to think that taking fuzzy pictures at close range with my phone is not bothering them.

This is some evidence of their work. The rubber bands that we used to attach the comb to the frames has been removed and cast out of the hive.

These rubber bands are hard to see.

Here, I made them pink.

I guess this means they've resecured the comb with wax. I'll try to take a look inside this weekend to see what's going on. I'm supposed to confirm that there's a queen in there too but it's pretty unlikely that I'll be able to recognize her. I've never seen one before and I'm not sure where to look. If they have drawn new comb I can look to see if there are eggs in the cells. That would show that a queen has been busy. The eggs are so small though I might need to get a magnifying glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment